Tuesday, November 23, 2010

More Tips On Breastfeeding & EBM

I think most of us, the first time moms especially wish to exclusively breastfeed our babies right? Some of us are very lucky to be blessed with superb supply of breast milk while others are also lucky to have such supply, if not superb.

I am personally in the latter. Blessed with supply of breast milk, though not superb. I have tried and am still trying to increase such supply. I have taken the pill, eat some food that is believed to have increased so many mothers' supply of milk and so on.

Just as I reached at the stage of feeling quite down as my milk supply does not result in a "stockable" EBM, I received a text message from an old friend asking about my baby. And from thereon, it is as if Allah sent someone as learned as her to guide me through this tough moment, I got more tips on BF and EBM. Alhamdulillah, I am back on track and more determined to try and stock up my EBM so that my Thaqif can get enough when I return to work.

Just to share the tips I got from her where she got from her lactation consultant and friends, here it is..

1. Eat lobak putih and bayam
2. Drink full cream milk and loads of water!
3. Drink a mixture of boiled dried longan, red dates and gula batu
4. Don't ever skip rice
5. Eat, eat and eat (don't be afraid of gaining weight)
6. Eat at 8am, 11am, 1 pm, 4pm, 8pm and 10pm
7. At 4pm, eat delicious food such as goreng pisang, cheese cake, choc cake
8. At 11am you can eat fruits, kueh or biscuits
9. Pump every 4 hours
10. Drink while pumping
11. Before pumping, massage and press your boobs (atas ke bawah) and press where you feel there's a lot of milk
12. After each feeding, pump out the milk

According to my friend, the key word is "eat and eat and eat and drink loads of water". She has suggested me to stock up 18 oz per day (6 X 3 oz) assuming baby drinks every 2 hours. She has also motivated me to stock up even if your gain on a particular day is just 1 oz! And after hearing from her, I am so relieved and eager to try out her tips. Thanks Azni!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background image by Jen Furlotte